- 1½ cups extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- salt to taste
- 2 bunches baby arugula (about 4 cups packed or to taste)
- 4 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 1 cup julienne-cut roasted red bell peppers
- 1 cup julienne-cut tomatoes
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup toasted pecans
This stunning salad balances sweet from watermelon with the peppery notes of arugula, salty, briny flavor of feta and umami via tomatoes. They are all tossed together with a balanced rice-vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil dressing.
In blender, puree oil, vinegar and black pepper and salt to taste until blended. In large serving bowl, gently toss remaining ingredients until well combined. Add desired amount of vinaigrette and toss to coat; serve immediately.