Skip to content
- 4 sheets nori, toasted and blended to a powder
- 4 x 110g tuna fillets, skin off Grapeseed oil, to cook Japanese mayonnaise, to garnish Baby herbs, to garnish
- ¼ watermelon ½ rockmelon 250ml water 125ml rice wine vinegar 6tbs sugar 2
- ¼ tsp salt Cut melons into small batons.
- Combine other ingredients and toss melon through. Marinate for 30 mins and drain well.
- Scatter the ground nori on a plate.
- Press all sides of the fish fillets into the seaweed and leave to rest at room temperature for 10 mins. Heat a frypan to very hot.
- Add a little oil and sear fillets for 20 secs on each side.
- Remove from pan and rest for 1 min.
- Carve each fillet into thick slices and arrange on plates with pickled melon. Decorate the plate with mayonnaise and herbs.