Skip to content
- 1 medium wedge Seedless Watermelon, cubed
- ½ wombok (Chinese Cabbage)
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 6 green onions, sliced into diagonal chunks
- 2 mild red chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
- 4cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and cut into fine strips
- 2 x 100g packets of Chang Fried Egg Noodles
- ¼ bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- ¼ bunch fresh mint leaves, torn
- 2 teaspoons lightly toasted sesame seeds
- zest and juice of 2 limes
- ¼ cup palm sugar or soft brown sugar
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- Finely slice the cabbage and place in a large bowl filled with water and sprinkle over the sugar. Leave to stand for at least 30 minutes in a cool place.
- In a small bowl mix the palm sugar or soft brown sugar with the lime zest and juice and fish sauce. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Drain the wombok, and then add green onions, chillies, ginger, and crispy noodles. Toss well until combined. Add the Seedless Watermelon and mix gently.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Garnish with fresh coriander, mint leaves and toasted sesame seeds. Serve immediately as the noodles will lose their crispiness.