Melons Australia, led by its Management Committee and full-time Executive Officer, is dedicated to making a positive difference to those involved in the melon industry.
The Association provides a direct representation link to Government for industry, while also leading several externally funded projects such as the current export, leadership, traceability and communications projects. Melons Australia also ensures industries interested are represented on the melon levy Strategic Investment Advisory Panel.
The benefits of membership with the Melons Australia Association include, but are not limited to:
- Access to our Executive Officer, Melons Australia staff and contractors and the Management Committee for representation on issues of national interest,
- Free biannual member’s Melon News newsletters and monthly Melon E-news
- Meeting and event notices
- Updates and alerts within the Industry
- Biosecurity advice, planning and expertise
- Promotions using our website (melonsaustralia.org.au) and Social Media (Facebook – Love Aussie Melons and Melons Australia)
- Industry representation on Government committees, National peak body working groups and others – raising the profile and support for our national melon industry.
The Australian Melon Association Inc. Annual General Meeting will be held in late September 2021. Online, virtual meeting arrangements are currently being finalised, noting this meeting and any voting items will only be available to paid up members. Membership for growers is only $440 (ex GST) per financial year.